The CLTCC Bobcat Library is primarily a research library and, therefore, maintains a robust collection of online resources. By making our resources available electronically, we are better able to meet the needs of both our on- and off-campus students, faculty, and staff.
- Library Instruction
- Open Educational Resources (Openly licensed materials for general education courses)
- Research Assistance
- Database Tutorials
Louis Consortium Member
The CLTCC Bobcat Library is a member of LOUIS, a consortium of public and private college and university libraries in the state of Louisiana. This partnership was formed in 1992 by the library deans and directors at these institutions, in order to create cost-effective collaboration among the institutions for the procurement of library technology and resources. We are currently forty-seven members strong.
Rapides Parish Library
The Rapides Parish Library is a medium sized library in Rapides Parish, Louisiana. The Library consists of a Main Library, 5 urban branches, 4 rural branches, a bookmobile, a van service to the homebound, and a van service to child development centers.
After obtaining a free library card, CLTCC students will have access to the following services:
- InterLibrary Loans - a service whereby library patrons can borrow books, DVDs, music, etc. and/or receive photocopies of documents that are owned by another library.
- Reference Service - library staff answers questions and assists library patrons with research.
- 3D printing - Rapides Parish Library now accepts .STL files from the public for our 3D Printer. You can submit your file through our website and we will contact you when the item is ready for pickup. There is a $1 fee per item.
Students will also have access to the following resources:
- Databases - a collection of journal articles, ebooks, images, etc. that are available electronically; these resources are behind a paywall and are considered more reliable than resources found online.
- Flipster - Patrons of Rapides Parish Library can now access their favorite digital magazines using Flipster® from EBSCO Information Services. Flipster is a next-generation magazine service that allows people to browse digital versions of the latest issues of popular magazines, courtesy of the library.
- Homework Louisiana - provides free tutoring, test prep, and job search assistance.
- Lynda.com - website with more than 3,000 courses and more than 130,000 videos from web design, education and media production to business.